Barpak Village Trek
|1 Person (per pax.)
||2-5 Person (per pax.)
||5+ Person (per pax.)
Barkpak is the village that was one of the most affected areas during 2015 earthquake in Nepal. It lies in the northern side of Gorkha district. The other affected places are Laprak and Gumda. Most of the houses were severely destroyed by the massive earthquake. People are still recovering from the shock and housing reconstruction has been going on in the affected places. The earthquake destroyed the human settlement area but the beauty and uniqueness of the place still remains the same. We have designed the trek to Barpak village so that the tourist would provide the people of these areas with some support and human care.
The trek to Barpak villllage will take you closer to the suffering of the people and witness their plight and help provide some form of assistance. You will also get to visit the villages with ethnic group of people like Gurungs, Ghales, Sunars and others. You will surely be touched by the warm hospitality they offer despite being in suffering. In addition to visiting the villages, the trail and beautiful landscapes and walking through the hills give you the experience like any other trekking. The terraced field s, rivers and hills will leave you feeling refreshed and exalted.
- Trek through the remote villages of Laprak, Machhakhola and Barpak.
- Explore the Barpark village and soak up the Gurung and Ghale culture.
- Experience the Warm hospitality of ethnic people.
- Explore the less trodden trails to the remote village of Barpark.
- Enjoy the breathtaking view of Boudha Himal.
Arrival at Kathmandu
Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation
Drive to Arkhet and hike to Soti Khola (6 hrs drive and 1.5 hrs trek)
Trek to Machha Khola (7 hours)
Machha Khola to Gumda (7 hours)
Gumda to Laprak (4 hours)
Trek to Barpak from Laprak (4 hours)
Hike to Baluwa and drive to Kathmandu
What's included ?
- Airport pickup and drop facility.
- All required local and government taxes.
- Breakfast,Lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (provided upon request).
- Fresh seasonal fruits after the dinner (while on the trek).
- Full day guided city tour in Kathmandu (Day 2) by a private vehicle.
- Insurance of guide and porter.
- Licensed, experienced and English speaking trekking guide.
- Lodge expenses during the trek.
- Stay in the city at finest hotel (3 nights twin sharing room at Kathmandu).
- Trekking permits/TIMS.
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the finest Nepalese Restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance.
- A porter and his entire expenses.
What's excluded ?
- Cost incurred during the tour around the city.
- Extra porter charge.
- Nepal arrival visa.
- Cost for additional trips.
- Extra hot showers, wifi & battery charging on a trek.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency rescue and evacuation.
- Tipping to staffs (as an appreciation).
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special dinner.