Nepal is a small country in South Asia that is nestled between two giant countries India and China. Nepal’s rich water resources and diversity in natural resources has made it stand out among other countries in the world. Nepal has unique geographical features and as a result diverse climatic conditions. Geographically the country is divided into Himalayan, hilly and terai region. The country stretches from mountain to flat terai. It experiences weather condition from intense hot to intense cold. The Himalayan region is beautified by number of world highest peaks. Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak stands at an altitude of 8,848M which is a biggest pride for Nepal. This has helped Nepal gain fame and recognition in the whole world. Nepal also experiences religious and cultural diversity with people following mostly Hindu and Buddhist religion and wide number of caste, sub caste and ethnic tribes scattered all over the country.
Nepal is also known as kingdom of Himalayas. The rich natural beauty, exceptional landscapes and number of highest peaks makes it a place worth visiting. A large number of tourists visit Nepal each year to experience the bounty of natural diversity. Tourists are seen interested to visit the wildlife and natural preserves across the country and rich cultural and historical sites that are enlisted under the UNESCO world heritage sites.
Nepal is selected as one of major tourist destinations in the world. The rich natural resources along with cultural and religious diversity, has made it colourful and unique. Despite the diversity, harmony prevails and the hospitality of Nepalese people has been known to the world.
- Area: 147,181km²
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Population: 2,642,799
- Religion: Hinduism and Buddhism
- Languages: Nepali
- Currency: Nepali Rupee
- Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) is the only international airport for entering Nepal through flight.
- There are direct flights to Kathmandu from Delhi, Calcutta, Dubai, Bangkok, Singapore, Hong kong, Shanghai and Osaka. But there are no direct flights to Kathmandu from American and European countries. You can get to these cities first from your home country and then get your flight to Kathmandu then. You can contact with the airlines directly for more information on connecting flights available. You may contact the following airlines to get to the Asian cities and then to Kathmandu:
Information on visa:
- You can easily buy Nepalese visa at Nepalese Embassy at your home country. The on arrival visa is also issued at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. To get the visa you should have a valid passport with at least six months of validity period, two passport sized photographs and visa fees.
- People from the SAARC countries and China do not require visa to enter Nepal.
- For further information on visa you may contact us directly.
- Postal service is available at central Post Office located at Sundhara, Kathmandu which provides post cards, stamps and aero grams. The express mail service is available at airport postal counters and General Post Office at Thamel and Basantapur, Kathmandu.
- All the hotels in Kathmandu provide telephone facility. Also you can make long distance call from number of communications centers around the city.
- Most of the hotels and restaurants around Kathmandu provide internet facility. Also, there are number of cyber cafes where you can get the service from in a minimum cost.
- Money exchange facility is provided at the airport counters and also through banks and authorized foreign exchange dealers around the city.
- There are number of five stars to three star hotels available which provide full facilitated and comfortable services. Hotels in Kathmandu and in the major city areas more luxurious whereas during the trek there are hotels and lodges available with minimum facility.
- March to May and September to November is the best time to visit Nepal. But you may plan your trip at other times as well. Please contact us for more information on planning your trip to Nepal.
Notable Places to Visit:
- Kathmnadu, Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Squares
- Pashupatinath temple
- Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhhanath Stupa
- Changunarayan temple
- Bardiya National Park
- Chitwan National Park
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Khaptad National Park
- Everest Base Camp
- Upper Mustang
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Langtang National Park
- Rara lake
- Makalu Base Camp
- Annapurna Conservation Area
- Langtang valley via Gosaikunda
- Manaslu Conservation Area
- Annapurna Circuit
- Narphu Valley
- Tsum Valley
(Please check our trip details for interesting places to visit in Nepal and number of trips available)