Chisopani Nagarkot trek is one of the shortest, easy and the most popular trekking package for those who want to get best out of their limited time. The trek will take you through the quiet green forest areas and along the countryside villages. This trek is ideal for sightseeing and hiking. You will get to enjoy the scenic natural beauty with the best view of mountain range around. You will have the unique experience of viewing the entire Kathmandu valley from the top of a hill during the hike.
You will be walking through the Shivapuri National Park area which is home to rare species of birds and various rare species of orchards are also found here. You will also be visiting the water reservoir at Sundarijal which is the main source of water supply for the people of Kathmandu valley.The trek will give you the experience of visiting the traditional village and knowing their culture and lifestyle. The village at Chisopani has the settlement area mostly of Brahmins, Tamangs and Gurungs.
You will have the chance to experience an enchanting view of sunrise and sunset seen from Nagarkot which is most famous. Nagarkot is also the ideal place for picnic and short tour and outing. Mountain peaks like Mount Everest, Dhaulagiri, Kanchanjunga, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and many other can be viewed from there. There will also be the visit to Changu Narayan which is one of the oldest temples in the valley. The temple is also enlisted as the World Heritage Site.
The trek will offer you unique and diverse experiences and takes you closer to nature. The enchanting views of mountain peaks and the walk through the forests is the best experience you will have in a short time. The trek is easy and does not require prior trekking experience.
- Trek through Lush green forests of Shivapuri National Park and along the countryside villages.
- Visit the water reservoir at Sundarijal.
- Afford magnificent views of mighty peaks from Mt.Manaslu to Mt.Everest.
- Chance to take pictures of glowing mountain peaks highlighted with sunrise and sunset from Nagarkot.
- Explore the world heritage site Changunarayan Temple.
Arrival at Kathmandu
Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation
Drive to Sundarijal and hike to Chisopani (2,165m/7,103ft)
Hike to Nagarkot (1,932m/6,338ft)
Hike to Changu Narayan and Drive to Kathmandu
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, we offer you pick up facility from the airport and manage your stay at the most comfortable hotel in the city. You get to meet the team of trekkers and together we prepare for the trek. At the evening we offer you lavish welcome dinner with authentic Nepali Cuisine.
We offer you a short trip to historical and cultural sites around Kathmandu valley: Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath Stupa and Pashupatinath temple. You can also do some souvenir shopping during the sightseeing. After sightseeing, we head back to the hotel and pack our things and get ready for the trek.
We will start the day with an early drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal which lies in the north east of Kathmandu. From Sundarijal, the walk on foot begins. We will hike up from Sundarijal. After a short uphill walk, we reach the entrance to Shivapuri National Park entrance. After the entry formalities, we hike further uphill. The trail is surrounded by thick forest with the river flowing on our right. We will also pass through a waterfall on the way. Further up we reach the water reservoir that supplies water to the Kathmandu valley. We then reach the top of Shivapuri hill from where we can view the western Himalayan range. From there we then head towards Chisopani. We pass through forest and Tamang settlement area. We get the chance to see a panoramic view of Mount Everest and Manaslu. We will spend the night at Chisopani.
We start our trek early in the morning with several uphill and downhill walk through the forest. We will also pass through village area on the way. After reaching Nagarkot we enjoy the view of hills and mountains. The view is captivating from the top of the hill. The place has comfortable hotels with quality service. We will observe the sunset view and take pictures. The mountains peaks like Mount Everest, Manaslu, Gaurishankar, Ganesh Himal and many other can be viewed from there. We will spend the night in a hotel at Nagarkot.
We enjoy the sunrise view from Nagarkot early in the morning. The view of the peaks when the sun rays strike upon the snowy peaks is breathtaking. The snow-covered mountain shine and glow. We take the pictures and enjoy the view for some time. After breakfast, we head towards Changu Narayan. We pass Telkot on our way. We get accompanied by a pleasant view of terraced fields and vegetation farms on the way. Whole Kathmandu valley also can be seen during the trek. We then shortly reach Changu Narayan temple. It is one of the oldest temples in the valley and is also enlisted under World Heritage Site. We explore around and observe the religious and cultural richness of the place. Thus the trek ends and we then drive back to Kathmandu. In the evening we offer you farewell dinner at the finest restaurant in the city.
Today is the final day and we get ready for the departure. We offer you the facility to drop at the Tribhuvan International Airport. We exchange final greetings and wishes and hope to see each other next time as well. We wish pleasant journey and bid the final goodbye.
What's included ?
- Local sim card
- Airport pickup and drop facility.
- Breakfast,Lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (provided upon request).
- First aid medical kit
- Fresh seasonal fruits after the dinner (while on the trek).
- Full day guided city tour in Kathmandu (Day 2) by a private vehicle.
- Insurance of guide and porter.
- Kathmandu-Sundarijal and Changu Narayan-Kathmandu by Private Car
- Licensed, experienced and English speaking trekking guide.
- Lodge expenses during the trek.
- Stay in the city at finest hotel (3 nights twin sharing room at Kathmandu).
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the finest Nepalese Restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance.
- A porter and his entire expenses.
- Nepal Ascent Treks duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map.
What's excluded ?
- Cost incurred during the tour around the city.
- Extra porter charge.
- Nepal arrival visa.
- Cost for additional trips.
- Extra hot showers, wifi & battery charging on a trek.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency rescue and evacuation.
- Tipping to staffs (as an appreciation).
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special dinner.
The given cost are per person and exclude international flights. Given below are the departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable then please
write us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.
Please Check Available Dates for The Year of:
|26th Jan, 2020
||1st Feb, 2020
|29th Jan, 2020
||4th Feb, 2020