Rara Lake Trek
|1 Person (per pax.)
||2-5 Person (per pax.)
||5+ Person (per pax.)
Rara lake popularly known as ‘Queen of Lakes’, situated at the remote area of far western Mugu district is the largest and deepest freshwater lake in Nepal. The lake is located at an altitude of 2,990m/9,810ft and has a surface of 10.8 Km2. The area around the lake is has been preserved under the name of Rara National Park.
Trekking to Rara Lake is one of the popular destinations for tourists all over the world. The rugged terrain, narrow routes, exceptional landscapes, the forest area around the national park and beautiful surrounding view of Himalayas make this area a perfect place to spend some time with mother nature. The beauty and the wilderness that you experience during the trek is simply amazing. Pine and juniper forests beautify the national park area. The park is also home to many wild animals like musk deer, black bear, ghoral and other rare species of flora and fauna.
During the trek, the trail also passes through clustered human settlement areas. Though people live very meager life here, the warm hospitality they offer is welcoming and appreciative. We also get chance to observe their culture and lifestyle from close. The trek to Rara lake is sure to provide you with bundle of unique experiences for lifetime.
- Discover less trodden remote trails of far western region in Nepal.
- An awe-inspiring rugged terrain and exceptional view of unclimbed Himalayan peaks.
- Witness the beauty of Rara Lake.
- Observe the local culture and lifestyle of remote people.
- Rare species of flora and fauna spotted around Rara National Park.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation
Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (150m/492ft) 1 hour
Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla (2,540m/8,334ft) 20mins
Trek from Jumla to Chere Chaur (3,055m/10,023ft)
Trek from Chere Chaur to Chalachaur (2,980m/9,777ft)
Trek from Chalachaur to Sinja Valley (2,490m/8,169ft)
Trek from Sinja to Ghorosingha (3050m/10,006ft)
Trek from Ghorosingha to Rara Lake (3,010m/9,875ft)
Explore Rara Lake Area
Trek from Rara Lake to Pina (2,440m/8,006ft)
Trek from Pina to Bumra (2,850m/9,351ft)
Trek from Bumra to Jumla (2,540m/8,334ft)
Fly from Jumla to Nepalgunj and then to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
What's included ?
- Airport pickup and drop facility.
- All required local and government taxes.
- Breakfast,Lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (provided upon request).
- Fresh seasonal fruits after the dinner (while on the trek).
- Insurance of guide and porter.
- Licensed, experienced and English speaking trekking guide.
- Lodge expenses during the trek.
- Trekking permits/TIMS.
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the finest Nepalese Restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance.
- A porter and his entire expenses.
What's excluded ?
- Nepal arrival visa.
- Extra hot showers, wifi & battery charging on a trek.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency rescue and evacuation.
- Tipping to staffs (as an appreciation).
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special dinner.