Island Peak climb
|1 Person (per pax.)
||2-5 Person (per pax.)
||5+ Person (per pax.)
The Island Peak climb is an ideal choice for all those who love mountain climbing and are seeking for the start. Climbing Island Peak is relatively easier and best for beginners. In this journey, first, you will be going for the trek starting from Lukla and all the way to Chhukung village before climbing the peak.
The trek will take you through Sherpa villages where you will receive warm hospitality from the Sherpas, often known as mighty climbers. Local hot beverages are served at tea houses along the way with traditional Nepali cuisine. They are sure to fill your taste buds with some unique flavors. Although the community life is not so prosperous, the service they provide is homely and welcoming. Ancient monasteries are seen decorated with prayer wheels and prayer flags which exhibit the religious inclination of Sherpa people towards Buddhist culture. After walking for days along the trekking trail, you will finally reach Island Peak Base Camp on the 9th day.
As you will be climbing the steep peak you must be in good physical health but no prior experience of scaling up mountains is required. Our experienced guides will orient you before climbing the Island Peak. You will reach the summit and experience the sense of achievement and enjoy the success when you get back to the base camp. You will be reaching the highest point of the summit at 6,189m/20,305ft. In addition to exploring the Island Peak, the trek will involve experiencing the great beauty of mountainous peaks in the Khumbu region including Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Ama Dablam and many others.
Mountain climbing is a great experience and this trip will surely give you the experience that you will remember for long. If you are seeking for more challenging mountain climbing then you may go for 29 days’ Ama Dablam expedition.
- Scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back
- Intensive exploration of Namche Bazaar and soak up in the Sherpa Culture
- Enough days for acclimatization
- Explore the Tengboche monastery, the biggest monastery in Everest region
- Climbing the Island Peak and enjoying the magnificent view from the summit
- Best view of valleys and mountains along the journey
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft)
Fly to Lukla (2,800m/9,184ft) then trek to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft)
Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,283ft)
Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/11,283 ft)
Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,870m/12,694ft)
Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300 ft)
Dingboche to Chhukung (4,730m/15,518ft)
Acclimatization at Chhukung: Climb Chhukung Ri (5,546m) and trek back to Chhukung
Chhukung to Island Peak Base camp (5,200m/17,060ft)
Pre-Climb training on Island Peak Base Camp
Island Peak Base Camp to Island Peak Summit (6,189m/20,305ft), back to base camp
Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3,985m/13,074ft)
Pangboche to Namche Bazaar
Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Fly to Kathmandu
What's included ?
- A porter and his entire expenses.
- Airport pickup and drop facility.
- All required local and government taxes.
- Breakfast,Lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Climbing gears & equipments
- Climbing permit
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (provided upon request).
- Fresh seasonal fruits after the dinner (while on the trek).
- Insurance of guide and porter.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- Lodge expenses during the trek.
- Professional Sherpa climbing guide
- Stay in the city at finest hotel (2 nights twin sharing room at Kathmandu).
- Trekking permits/TIMS.
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the finest Nepalese Restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance.
What's excluded ?
- Cost for additional trips.
- Extra hot showers, wifi & battery charging on a trek.
- Extra porter charge.
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special dinner.
- Nepal arrival visa.
- Personal expenses.
- Tipping to staffs (as an appreciation).
- Travel insurance which covers emergency rescue and evacuation.