|1 Person (per pax.)
||2-5 Person (per pax.)
||5+ Person (per pax.)
Helambu trek is one of the shortest treks and specially designed for those who want to take a break and enjoy trekking in short time available. Helambu region lies at the northern side of Kathmandu and is an easy and comfortable trek compared to others. The walk mostly passes through the plain area but there are also occasional uphill and downhill walking. The trail passes through Sherpa settlement area where we can explore the traditionally and culturally rich Sherpa lifestyle. In addition to this, the trek offers the extraordinary beauty of natural landscapes, hills, valleys, colourful rhododendron forests and number of rivers, brooks, waterfalls and streams along the way.
The trek takes you closer to the beautiful Himalayan peaks. The breathtaking view of Mount Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Langtang and many others will keep you feel excited and rejuvenated during the trek. You can also visit several temples and Gompas throughout the journey.
The journey begins with a drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and from Sundarijal the trek begins. Then the trek moves ahead through Helambu trail and comes to end at Melamchipul. From there the drive will bring you back to Kathmandu.
- Explore the beautiful village of Melamchi Gaun.
- Feel the warmth of Tamang and Sherpa people.
- Affords splendid views of stunning peaks from Mt.Manaslu to Mt.Gaurishankar.
- Trek through Sherpa and Tamang villages and soak up the local culture.
- Sunrise and Sunset views from Chisopani just incredible.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft)
Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trek preparation (1,300m/4,264ft)
Drive to Sundarijal and hike to Chisopani (2,160m/7,105ft)
Trek to Kutumsang (2,470m/8,105ft)
Trek to Thadepati (3,690m/12,106ft)
Trek to Melamchi Gaon (2,530m/8,300ft)
Trek to Sermathang (2,590m/8,497ft)
Trek to Malemchi Pul (870m/2,858ft)
Drive to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
What's included ?
- Airport pickup and drop facility.
- All required local and government taxes.
- Breakfast,Lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (provided upon request).
- Fresh seasonal fruits after the dinner (while on the trek).
- Full day guided city tour in Kathmandu (Day 2) by a private vehicle.
- Insurance of guide and porter.
- Licensed, experienced and English speaking trekking guide.
- Lodge expenses during the trek.
- Stay in the city at finest hotel (3 nights twin sharing room at Kathmandu).
- Trekking permits/TIMS.
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the finest Nepalese Restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance.
- Kathmandu-Sundarijal and Melamchi-Kathmandu by public bus
- A porter and his entire expenses.
What's excluded ?
- Cost incurred during the tour around the city.
- Extra porter charge.
- Nepal arrival visa.
- Cost for additional trips.
- Extra hot showers, wifi & battery charging on a trek.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency rescue and evacuation.
- Tipping to staffs (as an appreciation).
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special dinner.