Tibet lies in central Asia with majority of Tibetan population. It lies in highest altitude with Mount Everest on its side. It is famous for the bounty of natural and cultural richness and is also called the forbidden kingdom. The Tibetan land is beautified by exotic mountainous peaks, river, lakes and ancient cultural monasteries. Tibetan people believe in spirituality and follow Buddhist culture and philosophy. Diverse climatic condition is found in Tibet ranging from extreme hot to intense cold.
- Area:1,228,400 km²
- Capital: Lhasa
- Population: 3 Million
- Religion: Tibetan Buddhism
- Languages: Tibetan, Mandarin Chinese
- Currency: Chinese Yuan
- Sichuan- Tibet Highway
- Yunnan- Tibet Highway
- Qinghai- Tibet Highway
- Xinjiang-Tibet Highway
- Beijing Lhasa Flight
- Chengdu Lhasa Flight
- Shanghai Lhasa Flight
- Kathmandu Lhasa Flight
- Beijing Lhasa Train
- Chengdu Lhasa Train
- Qinghai Tibet Railway
Required Permits and Visa:
- Tibet Travel Permit
- Permit for Mount Everest
- Permit for Mount Kailash
- Alien Travel Permit
- Tibet Border Pass
- Train Travel Permit
- Flight Permit
- Passport and Chinese visa (if travelling by China) or Group Visa (if travelling by Nepal)
Information on visa and permits:
- We will make all necessary arrangements to obtain visa and permits from Kathmandu.
- If you plan to visit Tibet from China you will have to get the Chinese visa from your own country.
- If you already got the Chinese visa and still want to get to Tibet via Kathmandu then your previous Chinese visa will get cancelled and you will have to reapply for Chinese visa from Kathmandu.
- You will have to provide us the scanned copy of your passport before your arrival at Kathmandu so that we will work for getting the travel permits.
- Your original passport will be required to apply for Chinese visa.
- We will exchange money for you before we begin the trip. If you will need the exchange facility at Tibet then the Bank of China will provide the facility.
- All the places in Tibet are not full of facilities. Only city areas provide star level accommodation. Around the villages you will be staying at lodges.
- Your cell phones will not work in Tibet as there is no coverage of China Mobile. There are land line telephones available at hotel and shops around the city.
- You will have to be fully insured so that it will cover up for any emergency situation during the trip.
Notable Places to Visit: